Friday, January 2, 2009

Blankie

Much like mamabear's skull-and-crossbones sweater for babybear, this is the project whose completion I felt was not a part of my lifetime reality.

I started this blanket before N was born hoping to have it in the crib for her homecoming. She was born two weeks early and I kept putting off working on it. I decided (seven and a half months later) that I didn't want to start the New Year without finishing the blasted thing, so that is how I spent New Year's Eve. I have to say the combination of pride and relief is weirdly and inappropriately overwhelming, but...IT IS FINISHED! Woot Woot!

4 comments:

  1. Wow.

    By the way, my Cheeky still is enjoying the blanket,sweater, and hat your mom made for Koko. I am so happy it still fits!

    If you ever have time, could you make me a hat for one of my girls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, that is unbelievably gorgeous. Seriously. People would pay big bucks for that. That's the kind of blanket Noelly Belly is going to take with her to college decades from now to remind her of her wonderful mama. :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing !!!
    I agree with Jihan's comment... this is a gift she's going to cherish. :)

    ReplyDelete