Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cinnamon is in the Air

Like many of my perfectionist friends, when adopting a new craft I tend to get slightly, or if we're being honest, totally obsessed with it until I'm happy with the end results. For me this means sewing. During the last month Celebrate Yellow at made has provided plenty of inspiration although I only had time to whip up a few things.

The shop is getting busier so I don't know how much I'll be able to make for myself and the girls, but I have a feeling that the Comfy Sews vs. Cozy Knits battle at luvinthemommyhood is going to be a fun source of ideas! Shannon's post perfectly sums up the battle in my own brain. Grab your own button and don your mittens because IT'S ON!

Autumn also means our house smells like cinnamon. What's better than coming home on a blustery day to a plateful of cinnamon scented cookies or a nutmeggy pie? Not much I tell you, except maybe a screamingly joyful hug and sloppy bo-bo (kiss) from a spiky-headed, gap-toothed toddler. Sigh. Life is good.

Noelle's Ed Grimley Hair, Ray-Bans, and Celebrate Yellow peasanty blouse

My angel.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in! I can't wait to see how it turns out either! Should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love all the precious pictures of the girls wearing things you've made. Wah. I wanna visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your shirt whole reading MADE and loved it. How did you do the collar if you don't mind me asking? I am kind of new to sewing but have made several variations of that peasent shirt. Did you just not cut the neck line out or very little?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Casey,
    I don't know if you'll read this, but the pattern originally called for elastic (indietutes.com) at the collar and I just did four lines of elastic thread instead. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did read it!! I use that tutorial too. I just loved how yours came up farther up on her neck.I will give it a whirl and see how it turns out. You must just cut your out differently around the neck line. When I have made them they have more of a scoop neck. Clearly I am not a very visual person because I am having trouble figuring out how you make it come up so far on her neck.It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casey
    I think if you try the shirring with the elastic thread you will find that the neck naturally comes up higher.

    ReplyDelete