Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Celebrate Color - Granny Stripe Sweater

Granny squares had quite a presence in my childhood. Our house was positively covered in them; throw rugs on the floor, couch coverings and bed coverings. 

My grandma was the one who churned out these things in her sleep, it seemed, and she is the reason I learned and love to knit and crochet. She was like my second mother. Especially around the holidays and when I look at my children I wish she was here to share it all together with us. When we go home to my parents' house the rugs are still there on the floor and throws are still on some of the couches. It's a small but very warm reminder of her love and care for me and my family.

I wanted to create a colorful, granny inspired sweater for Noelle but it turned out to fit Ellie much better. It's top down, seamless, with a granny stripe bottom and buttons in the back. I used Wool-ease and I love the vintagey feel of the colors.

This is also my entry for Celebrate Color.





14 comments:

  1. Hello, stumbling across you via Stitched in Colour. What a lovely top (and model!), gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous!! I love the colors and the granny stitches...perfect for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply gorgeous, and so is your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have to prepare myself before I read your posts because I know they'll kill me (in a good way). :*) I absolutely adore this sweater and how Ellie looks in it!! Love love love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make up the pattern? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Both the vest and your daughter. I also love the colours and the vintage look. Great job, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. I am adding one of these to my list of things to crochet. Your model is just gorgeous!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, absolutely gorgeous, the colours and especially your cute little model. Do you have a pattern for it, I would like to purchase it, I would love to make one for my little girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Hannah, beautiful pattern! And model too! did you create this pattern? Could you share it? I would like to make a gift to a friend and this sweater seems perfect! Thanks,

    Prisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter in law saw this sweater on pinterest and would love to have me make it for her little 2 year old. It's just adorable (as is it's little model). Did you purchase a pattern or make it up. I would love to purchase it from you. Could you contact me at rebap123@gmail.com Thanks, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hannah, I would love to purchase this pattern so I can make this top for my little girl. I would love if you'd contact me at emyfischer@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete