Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bloomin' Coffee

When Ellie finally crashed after waking up for the second time at 4 a.m., I couldn't get back to sleep. My head was so full of so many new ideas for things I wanted to create. My problem is always I have so many ideas that I can't settle and nothing actually ever gets made.

After fumbling around in the dark and, after several failed attempts, making a cup of coffee (forgot to pour the water in, then forgot to turn on the darn machine) I dug my heels in and made something I actually needed to make: coffee cozies. My sister in law (well, my sister-in-law's sister) asked me to make her a cozy, and I figured it was the perfect opportunity to practice magic loop. It's like a cuff for coffee in 2x2 rib. 

Here's what I made:

I will be adding these to the shop as soon as I can get a few more knit up.
Here's a picture of the girls in the Halloween garb...


May the Force be with you. hee. hee. 


1 comment: