Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring KAL

Noelle's finally on the mend, we think, but all those days stuck in the house together is finally taking its toll on me and the girls. I feel so bad for Noelle for being sick and for Ellie who just wants to run around outside and can't. Hopefully tomorrow we can resume some semblance of our normal routine.

With a sick kid the days seemed to blend together, but I didn't/couldn't forget that today was cast-on day for the Top, Tanks, and Tees Knit-Along hosted by luvinthemommyhood. So I cast on...
and that's about all I did. 
The pattern is Gemini pullover by Jane Richmond and the yarn is Berroco Pure Pima, 100% cotton, colorway Porcelain Green. It's very smooth to knit with for cotton yarn and I know it will be a fairly fast knit especially with the KP interchangeables. 

I think it's always good to have a few projects you can knit on here and there as a way to relax. The cable pattern on this tiny vest is easily memorized. I wanted to try the pattern and I can already tell this is one I'll be using as a go-to gift for boys and maybe even girls too. Check out the designer Christina's blog, ClassicCableKnits, for more cute patterns and knitty goodness. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the color you chose for your top! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful! i can't wait to see your gemini! we can all rock gemini's together! and i agree with ms.curdy. gorgeous colour! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, dearie. I hope Noelle gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete