Friday, August 17, 2012

Rosebud

Knitting 100% rustic wool hat in the dead of summer? Perfectly logical. I have been searching high and low for a free pattern similar to Rosebud, but there is nothing quite like it, with its puffy cables and cool shape. Plus, I had a skein of Shelter, which the pattern was written for. 
it's aliiiiiiiiiive!
mini-cable action. my first time doing 1/3 cables.
At first I was like "gah! A chart!" having forgotten with my short memory that I actually enjoyed working with the last cable chart which was, yes, another Jared Flood pattern. 
This time around I'm armed with a highlighter and it's going along swimmingly. I'm sure I'm not the first to have this idea but it really helps to focus on the right row. 
I highly recommend this pattern. 
Happy weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Hannah!

    I used to put my patterns in a page protector and use highlighter tape to mark where I am. But now that I have my iPad, I just use a PDF reader. Definitely makes using charts that much easier! ;)

    What colourway is that? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa!
      The colorway is thistle, purchased at Purl Soho. I have such a weakness for purple!
      My hubs has an ipad that he takes to work...even if it were home with me both my kids have "grabby hands" so using an ipad around them is impossible.

      Delete
    2. Haha...that's my kiddo when he sees my iPad too! At first he had no idea what it was (I had it on patterns whenever he looked at it) but then one day he saw the interface and automatically knew it was an Apple product! :/

      I might have to add Thistle to my "want" list!

      Delete
  2. ohmygoodness. i loove jared's patterns. and i have yet to knit any of them. gah! rosebud is really one of my faves though! it's going to look ahmazing. xo

    ReplyDelete