Monday, January 28, 2013

Regina

As a mom, there are definitely days where you feel a little "blah". We'll leave it at that.
Enter the Regina hat. 
Guaranteed to take away the blahs leaving you with a little "swoosh" in your step.
The perfect hat for pining away in a castle tower, waiting for Prince Charming. 
bahaha. 
There were so many awesome hats popping up in the Downton Abbey KAL thread and my shawlette is slow-going, so I cast on!
This was such a quick knit, but the clever construction and design details make this so fun to make and wear. I knit it using Vintage Chunky in charcoal and DK Merino Style by Knitpicks in teal. 
Both were in my stash...woot woot!
the fan detail is stitched on after blocking. I love the Art Deco feel of this element.
The pattern is a *free!* pattern by Carina Spencer and can be found here.
close-up of the fan.
The best thing about this pattern's construction is that you can truly use any yarn, which is awesome for stash-busting.  My head is swimming with all the possible combinations! 
Can't wait to knit another one!

2 comments: