Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Grantangle

Hey y'all.

It's been a while since I've crocheted anything substantial. So when I saw this *free* pattern in the WEBS catalog I knew it was the perfect pattern to get reconnected to my crochet hook. Granny squares were the first thing I learned to crochet and I even have a clear memory of my little brother learning how to bust out a granny square too (it was a little wonky).
This is a simple pattern called Grantangle by Amy O'Neill Houck and is based on a "half granny". The pattern has only two increase points and is finished off with an easy scalloped edging. Perfect stashbuster potato chip crocheting!
I used 2 skeins of Noro in different bases and half a skein of DK Merino Style by Knitpicks. This resulted in a medium size but extremely cozy shawl. Since making it any bigger would result in too heavy of a garment, I stopped with two skeins. Next time I will use a lighter weight and make it the appropriate size. 
As many of you know, I LOVE bright colors and I think granny squares are the perfect way to show off some happy colors. I love how this turned out and I'm sure once it gets cooler it will be my go-to accessory for gloomy days.
I added a button to allow me to wear it the way I want to without worrying about it falling off. My kids call this the "Elsa" button. I'm sure you can guess why...
That's me longing for colder weather.
Happy hookin' everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so cozy!! I love quick projects like this! The noro really stands out!! Great work! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great outcome here. I like the mix of colors and how it can be worth worth anything. I also really like how you're wearing it.

    ReplyDelete